Senior Pet Care With Your Veterinarian In Casper, WY
Your veterinarian in Casper, WY knows that senior pets require special care in order to maintain their health and wellness. As they age, many pets can develop chronic conditions and serious illnesses. Once this happens, it takes extra attention from pet owner and veterinarian in order to maintain good quality of life. At Westside Animal Hospital, we help pets age gracefully and enjoy good quality of life. By educating pet owners about the particulars of caring for their senior pet and by remaining diligent about senior pet care, we help ensure that older pets get the care they need.
Geriatric Pet Care At Home
Senior pets need a variety of different accommodations in their everyday lives at home. For example:
- Special diet. Older pets need less protein and eat smaller portions. This helps them avoid weight gain and obesity, and can also help protect them from problems like diabetes.
- Extra comfortable place to sleep. As pets age they can develop joint conditions like arthritis, which can make laying down uncomfortable or even painful. You can minimize this discomfort by giving your pet an extra soft bed where he or she can sleep.
- Ramps up and down stairs. Some older pets are unable to walk up and down stairs because of their painful joints and weakness in the legs. As a pet owner, you can help your pet stay mobile around the house by installing ramps up and down stairs.
- Modified exercise. It’s important for senior pets to get light exercise on a regular basis. Pets who have always engaged in intense physical activity may need to lighten their exercise schedule, while other pets who have not had enough exercise may need to start exercising in order to stay healthy. Your pet’s veterinarian will be able to help you decide how much exercise is right for your pet.
Senior Pet Veterinary Care from Your Pet's Veterinarian in Casper
At Westside Animal Hospital, we offer a variety of services for senior pets.
- Wellness exams. We recommend that senior pets get wellness exams twice each year. This helps us catch medical conditions in their early stages.
- Vaccinations. Vaccinations are important for boosting your pet’s immunity and helping your pet avoid common illnesses and diseases.
- Dental care. Older pets can develop dental problems more easily and quickly than younger pets. We provide dental care to older pets to help them avoid cavities and gum disease.
- Surgery. Pets who develop serious medical conditions sometimes need surgical care to make a full recovery. At your pet's Casper animal hospital, we have state of the art facilities to help your pet through these major medical procedures.
Contact Your Pet’s Casper Veterinarian
As your pet's Casper veterinarian, we help senior animals live happy, full lives. We also offer free consultations to new customers! No matter what your needs, our skilled, knowledgeable veterinarians are here to help. To make an appointment for your pet, contact us today!